Production Blog- Editing Clips

I’m so happy that filming is finally done. For a short time I wondered if we would ever get it done. Since filming is done it’s now time to move onto our final stage of production. My relationship with editing is very love/hate. I like seeing the film come together and seeing the vision come to life. On the other hand the work to actually get to that part is a little frustrating. Trying to smoothly align the clips has never been an easy task for me. Especially when there’s so many different scenes. A lot of the problems I run into is with the different elements in each scene. Some are kinda dark but others were filmed outside so they’re really bright. Some have a lot of background noise while others are silent outside of dialogue. There’s also the transitions from scene to scene. That’s not too bad but a seamless transition does take time. Thankfully I don’t have to do all of that. Today was just an intro to editing in a way. This means that all the takes of all the scenes were sent. The group contemplated whether all the takes should be sent or just the ones that we knew we were going to use. I thought it would be a good idea to send all the decent ties even if we weren’t originally going to use it because there might be a need for some of the elements it has. However I kind of regretted that decision since I now have way more videos in my camera roll than I know what to do with. Part of my editing journey will honestly just be trying to organize all of these videos. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Actual Changes Made...

First Editing Blog

Review Editing