Production Blog- Sound Editing


 Personally, I think that sound is one of the most important aspects of a film. I talked about this in my other sound blog too. So far my standpoint has not changed. Sound has the power to make or break a film especially one like a thriller. Sound in thrillers are so important for building up the suspense they’re famous for. Due to my opinions on sound my group decided I should be the one to edit the sound. I really wasn’t against the idea originally. In fact I was kind of happy. To me it’s much better then having to blend the clips. However, as much as I love sound I do realize that my task won’t be necessarily easy. A lot of our scenes were filmed in different places. This means there’s a wide range of background noises going on throughout our entire film. This isn’t a bad thing but I personally don’t like it. In a way it kind of makes the film look messy. I really wish there was a way to just mute all the background sound you don’t want. Unfortunately the only way I know how to do that is with a mic but we didn’t have any while filming. Aside from this I also have to add in the soundtrack. The group already picked the sounds we want in the film. So now it’s just up to me to decided when and where I want to place it. This will take some time but more because I want to make sure it’s good not because it’s especially hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Actual Changes Made...

First Editing Blog

Review Editing